Showing all 2 results
What is Demerol?
Demerol is an FDA-approved drug that belongs to the opioid medication class and is an effective treatment for pain and other health disorders as determined by the doctor.
You can either order medicine online or get it from a local drug store near you.
Being a scheduled drug, buying and selling Demerol without a proper prescription is an offense under the law.
What are the uses of Demerol?
Demerol is an opioid pain medication that works on the brain and nervous system to relieve moderate to severe pain. It is also an effective medication for diverticulitis.
Demerol dose will vary from patient to patient according to their health condition. Your doctor will initiate your treatment with the minimum possible dose and adjust your medicine dose as and when required. Your medicine dose will depend on certain factors, such as the age and weight of the patient, health condition, and how the patient responded to the first dose of the medicine.
The typical Demerol dose will be:
Dosage for treating pain
In the form of oral tablets
50 mg to 150 mg of the medicine orally after every three to four hours.
Demerol oral tablet dose for children is dependent on the weight of the patient.
In the form of an injection
50 mg to 150 mg of the medicine (intramuscular or under the skin) after every three to four hours.
Demerol injection dose for children is dependent on the weight of the patient.
What are the side effects of Demerol?
Demerol can cause you certain side effects. You should observe your health while using Demerol.
Some common side effects symptoms include:
- Dizziness or drowsiness
- Nausea or vomiting
- Unusual sweating
Though these common side effects don’t need much medical attention, you should consult your doctor ASAP if they bother you too much or are unbearable.
Please stop taking medicine and tell your doctor if you experience the following health issues:
- Slow heartbeats
- Weak or shallow breathing
- Sleep apnea (breathing that stops while sleeping)
- Drowsiness or dizziness
- Confusion or disorientation
- Involuntary muscles movement
- Seizures or convulsions
- Infertility (both in men and women)
- Low cortisol levels resulting in nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, dizziness, tiredness, or weakness
- serotonin syndrome causing agitation, hallucinations, fever, sweating, shivering, fast heart rate, muscle stiffness, twitching, loss of coordination, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Any other severe allergic reaction to the medicine
What precautions should you take while using Demerol?
Demerol is a habit-forming and highly addictive medicine even if taken at minimal dosages. Patients having pain can easily buy Demerol online and use it either prescribed by the doctor or as mentioned on the prescription label. However, it is advisable to take care of the following precautions while using it:
- Using Demerol is not recommended if you are allergic to it or any of its components or similar medicines.
- Avoid taking Demerol if you have any health disorders or history related to it.
- Demerol can make you dizzy or drowsy; you should be careful while driving, operating machinery, and performing activities that require you to be alert and attentive.
- Taking Demerol might not be safe if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. It can harm your child and make your baby dependent on the drug.
- Consuming alcohol might not be safe while taking Demerol.
- Some medications can interact with Demerol; therefore, you should tell your doctor about all the medications and therapies you are currently taking.
- Please avoid medical errors and try to be consistent throughout the treatment.
- You should also tell your health expert if you don’t observe any improvement in your health condition.
- You can also ask your doctor about all other necessary precautions that you should take while using Demerol.