Showing the single result
Introduction of Fioricet
This prescribed combination medicine is used to cure tension headaches caused by muscle contractions. Fioricet capsules are a combination of Acetaminophen, Caffeine, and butalbital. Acetaminophen works as a pain reliever as well as a fever reducer. Butalbital relaxes muscle contractions involved in tension headaches. Caffeine is a Central Nervous system stimulant. It also relaxes muscle contractions in blood vessels to improve blood flow.
Extended and repetitive use of this medicine is not advisable because of the potential for physical dependence.
Generic Name: Acetaminophen, Butalbital, Caffeine.
Drug Class: Analgesic combinations.
How to use Fioricet?
Fioricet is used to cure tension headaches, but it can sometimes be habit-forming. Consume this medicine orally with or without food as directed by your doctor, generally after four hours or as needed. You can order Fioricet online from our website and get free delivery.
Acetaminophen helps to reduce the pain caused by headaches; in contrast, Caffeine helps to increase the effects of Acetaminophen, and butalbital is a sedative that helps to reduce anxiety and cause sleepiness and relaxation. The dose is based on your medical condition, age, and response to treatment. This medicine works best if it is used immediately as the first signs of a headache occur. If you wait until the headache worsens, the medication may not work.
If you stop using this medication suddenly, you may have withdrawal symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, mental or mood changes, and seizures. To prevent withdrawal, your doctor may reduce your dose. Withdrawal happens if you have used this medicine for longer or in a high amount. Inform your doctor or pharmacist immediately if you observe withdrawal symptoms.
This medicine has helped many people, but it may cause addiction sometime. This risk may increase if you have a substance use disorder such as overuse or addiction to drugs or alcohol. Take this medicine in the same way as your doctor prescribes to reduce the risk of addiction.
Tell your doctor if you notice an increased urge to consume this medicine, the headaches worsen, improve the number of headaches, and the medication may not work correctly. Do not take more than recommended.
You should not use Fioricet if you suffer from porphyria or recently used alcohol, sedatives, tranquilizers, or other narcotic medicines.
- The first and foremost important point is that do not use Fioricet if you have consumed an MAO inhibitor in the past 14 days, as dangerous drug interaction could occur. MAO inhibitors include isocarboxazid, methylene blue injection, tranylcypromine, phenelzine, and linezolid.
- Do not take this medicine more than recommended. Overdose of Acetaminophen can damage your liver and also cause death. Call your doctor once if you have nausea, pain in your upper stomach, itching, dark urine, loss of appetite, dark-colored stools, or jaundice.
- In rare cases, Acetaminophen may cause adverse skin reactions. Stop taking Fioricet and immediately inform your doctor if you have an immediate rash or skin redness that spreads and causes blistering and peeling. Buy Fioricet online at your convenience.
- You should also use Fioricet if you are allergic to it, suffering from porphyria, or recently used alcohol, sedatives, tranquilizers, or other opioids.
- Due to a higher rate of physical dependence, the extended use of this medicine is not advisable.
- To use Fioricet properly, you should consider whether you are allergic to it. You should not have porphyria or if you have used alcohol, tranquilizers, sedatives, or opioids.
- You should tell your doctor if you ever have liver disease, a history of alcoholism or drug addiction, cirrhosis, or if you drink more than three alcoholic drinks per day.
- You should also inform your doctor if you have a kidney disease, stomach ulcer or bleeding, a history of skin rash caused by any medicine, mental illness, or suicidal thoughts.
- It is still unknown if Fiorcet will harm an unborn baby, but if you use butalbital while pregnant, your baby can become dependent on the drug. This can lead to life-threatening caffeine withdrawal in the baby after its birth. Babies born dependent on habit-forming drugs may need medical treatment for several weeks. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
- Acetaminophen, butalbital, and Caffeine can pass through breastfeeding and harm a nursing baby. Do tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding a baby.
- Fioricet is disapproved of for using caffeine younger than 12 years old.
Usual Adult Dose for Headaches: Butalibital 50 mg or Acetaminophen or 300 mg or Caffeine 40 mg: 1-2 capsules given orally every 4 hours as needed to exceed six capsules per day.
Uses: For the relief of muscle contraction that leads to tension headaches.
Usual Pediatric Dose for Headache: Butalibital 50 mg or Acetaminophen 300 mg or Caffeine 40 mg: 1-2 capsules given orally at 4 hours or as needed, not to exceed six capsules per day.
Uses: For the relief of tension headaches.
- Seek emergency medical help if you have symptoms of an allergic reaction to Fioricet, difficulty breathing, or swelling of your lips, throat, face, or tongue.
- In rare cases, Acetaminophen can cause a severe skin reaction that can be fatal.
- Stop using this medicine and contact your doctor immediately if you have confusion. a seizure, shortness of breath, a light-headed feeling, upper stomach pain, nausea, itching, loss of appetite, clay-colored stools, dark urine, or jaundice.
- Some common side effects may include drowsiness, nausea, dizziness, light-headedness, vomiting, stomach pain, shortness of breath, and a drunk feeling.