Showing all 3 results
What is Lorcet?
Lorcet is a medicinal combination of two drugs known as hydrocodone and acetaminophen, both of which are FDA-approved opioid pain medications used for treating moderate to severe pain. Being a scheduled drug, the production, distribution, and supply of Lorcet is under the control of health authorities.
You can easily buy Lorcet online via a legitimate online pharmacy store or get the medicine offline, but buying or selling Lorcet without a proper prescription is not permitted. You may attract some penal provisions if you do so.
Why is it used?
Lorcet is an opioid pain medication that binds the GABA receptors in the brain to reduce pain signals and relieve pain.
Lorcet dosage will vary from patient to patient. To determine suitable dosages, your doctor will examine you properly and recommend the minimum possible Lorcet dose.
Lorcet dosage will depend on certain factors such as:
- Age and weight of the patients
- The seriousness of the conditions
- How you responded to the first dose of the medicine
The typical Lorcet dose will be as follows:
Dosage for treating pain (moderate to severe)
In the form of oral tablets with the potency of 5 mg/ 325 mg
- For adults (18 years and above)
One or two Lorcet tablets after every four to six hours
- For children (less than 18 years of age)
Using Lorcet for treating patients younger than 18 years is not recommended.
Things to avoid while using Lorcet
Always consult your doctor before taking any other medication simultaneously with Lorcet.
Lorcet can impair your thought process and cause dizziness or drowsiness. Avoid performing activities that require you to alert and attentive. Consuming alcohol along with Lorcet is not recommended.
Please don’t take herbal products, over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, other nutritional supplements.
Be careful while driving and operating machinery if you are taking Lorcet.
What to do if an overdose happens?
Lorcet can adversely affect you if taken in excess. It can cause you the following overdose symptoms:
- Nausea or vomiting
- Unusual sweating
- Drowsiness or dizziness
- Pinpoints pupils
You should consult your doctor ASAP if an overdose happens. You can also seek emergency medical assistance by calling the Poison helpline at 1-800-222-1222.
What are the side effects of using Lorcet?
Lorcet can cause you certain side effects; please observe your health. You can experience the following side effects after using it:
- Dizziness or drowsiness
- Nausea or vomiting
- Pain in the stomach
Though these common side effects don’t need much medical attention, you should consult your doctor ASAP if they bother you too much or are unbearable.
Please stop taking medicine and tell your doctor if you experience the following health issues:
- Noisy breathing
- Shallow breathing
- Breathing disorders
- Damaged liver causing nausea or vomiting, loss of appetite, pain in the upper stomach, dark-colored urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice, tiredness
- Low cortisol levels in the body resulting in nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, dizziness, tiredness, weakness
- High levels of serotonin in the body causing agitation, hallucinations, fever, sweating, shivering, fast heart rate, stiff muscles, twitching, loss of coordination, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Any other severe allergic reaction to the medicine
What precautions should you take while using Lorcet?
Lorcet is a highly addictive and habit-forming medicine. It can adversely affect you if taken inappropriately. You can easily order Lorcet online and use it as per your doctor’s prescription, but you should take care of the following precautions while using Lorcet:
- Please don’t take Lorcet if you are allergic to it or any of its components or similar medications.
- Taking Lorcet might not be safe if you have any health disorders or history thereof.
- Some medicines can interact with Lorcet and cause some severe side effects. It is advisable to tell your doctor about all the medications and therapies you are currently taking.
- Please don’t take Lorcet if you are pregnant or breastfeeding; it may harm your child and may your baby dependent on the drug.
- It is a highly addictive and habit-forming drug; misusing it can be fatal.
- Sudden withdrawal of the medicine can be risky. Please consult your doctor before leaving the treatment; he will gradually decrease your medicine dose to avoid Lorcet’s withdrawal symptoms.
- Keep your medicine safely under the suggested atmospheric condition and dispose of the leftover medicine once you have completed the treatment.
- Ask your physician about all other necessary precautions that should be taken while using Lorcet, and consult your health expert to learn more about the Lorcet benefits and risks.