Showing all 2 results
What is Meridia?
Meridia is an FDA-approved medication appetite suppressant used along with diet and regular workout to treat obesity.
Being a scheduled and controlled medication, its production, distribution, and supply are restricted. In addition to this, buying or selling Meridia without a proper prescription is an offense under the law, and authorities may hold you liable for some penalties if you do so.
You can either buy Meridia online or offline, provided that you hold an appropriate prescription from a doctor.
Why is it used for, and how does it work?
Meridia is an appetite suppressant that works on the brain and nervous system to reduce food cravings and treat obesity. It is also helpful and effective in weight loss.
Meridia is a prescription medication for treating obesity and unusual weight gain, and its dosage will vary from patient to patient. Your doctor will start your treatment with the minimum possible dose and gradually adjust your medicine as and when required. To determine the suitable dosages for you, your physician should examine you thoroughly. Your doctor will recommend Meridia dosage keeping the following factors in mind:
- Age of the patient
- Weight of the patient
- Their medical condition
- How does the patient respond to the first dose of the treatment
The following are the usual Meridia dosage that your doctor can prescribe you:
Dosage for weight loss
In the form of oral tablets
- For older adults (65 years and above)
Using Meridia for treating patients more than 65 years might not be safe.
- For adults (more than 18 years but less than 65 years of age)
10 mg of the medicine once a day, with or without food.
- For children (below 18 years)
Using Merida for treating patients younger than 18 years is not recommended.
How should you take it?
Take Meridia as your health expert directs you. Never use it more often than prescribed. Consult your doctor if you are getting addicted to the medicine.
It is always advisable never to share your medicine with anyone with a history of drug abuse and addiction. Misuse, abuse, and addiction to medication can be fatal.
Avoid medical errors and report your doctor if you are not observing any improvement in your health condition.
What precautions should you take care of while using Meridia?
Meridia is highly addictive and habit-forming; therefore, you should take it only after consulting your doctor and tell your doctor if you don’t feel any improvement in your health condition. You can easily order Meridia online via a legitimate online pharmacy store and use it as prescribed; however, you should never forget that it is only a part of treatment. In addition to this; it is always advisable to take care of the following precautions while taking Meridia:
- Being a prescription medicine, using it without consulting your doctor is not recommended.
- Taking Meridia can adversely affect your health if you are allergic to it or any of its components or similar medicines.
- Please don’t take Meridia if you have the following health disorders or history thereof:
- High blood pressure
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart attacks or stroke
- Heart disease
- Eating disorders
- Congestive heart failure
- Heart rhythm disorder
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- Thyroid disorders
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Gall stones
- It is not an approved medication for patients younger than 18 years and above 65 years.
- Using Meridia might not be safe for you if you are pregnant or breastfeeding; it can harm your baby and cause congenital disabilities.
- Sudden withdrawal of the medicine can be fatal. Please consult your doctor before stopping the treatment; he will gradually decrease your medicine dose to avoid Meridia’s withdrawal symptoms.
- Always keep your medicine safely under the suggested atmospheric condition and dispose of all the leftover medicine once done with the treatment.
- Please consult your physician about all other necessary precautions that should be taken while using Meridia, and talk to them to know more about the Meridia benefits and risks.
Can Meridia cause some side effects?
Observe your health closely; you may experience the following mild side effects after taking Meridia:
- Dry mouth
- Upset stomach
- Change in appetite
- Pain in the stomach
- Pain in the back
- Pain in joints
- Symptoms of flu
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Sore throat
- Redness or tingliness under the skin
- Mild rashes on the skin
The above-mentioned side effects don’t need much medical attention as they are common with everyone, and you will recover from them after a while. Although, you should consult your doctor if they get worse.
Meridia can be more dangerous if you experience the following rare and severe side effects after using it. Please observe your health and seek medical assistance if you experience:
- Fast or pounding heartbeats
- Irregular heartbeats
- Overreactive reflexes
- Nausea or vomiting
- Loss of coordination
- Dilated pupils
- Rigidity in the muscles
- High fever
- Confusion or disorientation
- Easy bruising or bleeding
- High blood pressure level resulting in headache, blurred vision, buzzing sound in the ears, anxiety, seizures
- Pain or heaviness in the chest
- Chest pain spreading to arms and shoulders
- Sudden numbness, mainly only on one side of the body
- Slurred speech
- Problem with vision
- Loss of balance
- Any other severe allergic reaction to the medicine
What to do if an overdose happens?
Taking Meridia in excess can adversely affect your health. You may experience the following in case of Meridia overdose:
- Dizziness or drowsiness
- Fast heart rate
Please consult your doctor ASAP if an overdose happens. You can also seek emergency medical assistance by calling the Poison helpline at 1-800-222-1222.
Medicines that can interact with Meridia
The following medicines can interact with Meridia and adversely affect your health:
- Antidepressant medication
- Ergot medicine
- Migraine headache medication
- Narcotic pain medication
It is always advisable to tell your health expert about all the drugs and therapies you are currently taking.
What should you avoid while taking Meridia?
Taking Meridia together with alcohol and other cold and allergy medication can be dangerous. Please avoid it.
It can also impair your thinking and reactions and cause dizziness or drowsiness; please don’t drive, operate machinery and perform activities that can cause severe injuries and accidents.
Consuming herbal products, over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and other nutritional supplements, along with Meridia, is not safe.