What is Xanax?
Xanax is a generic benzodiazepine medication that works as a short-acting tranquilizer to treat anxiety and panic attacks.
It has secured its place in schedule IV of the controlled substance Act, and, therefore, its availability is restricted in the market.
You can either buy Xanax online or offline, provided that you hold an appropriate prescription from a doctor, because buying or selling Xanax without a proper prescription is an offense under the law, and authorities may hold you liable for some punishment if you do so.
Why is it used, and how does it work?
Xanax belongs to the triazolobenzodiazepine medication class that increases the functioning of GABA receptors in the brain and nervous system to treat anxiety and panic attacks. It is also an effective treatment for nausea or vomiting causing due to chemotherapy.
Xanax is a prescription medication for treating certain mental disorders, and its dosage will vary from patient to patient. Your doctor will start your treatment with the minimum possible dose and gradually adjust your medicine as and when required. To determine the suitable dosages for you, your physician should examine you thoroughly. Your doctor will recommend Xanax dosage keeping the following factors in mind:
- Age of the patient
- Weight of the patient
- Their medical condition
- How does the patient respond to the first dose of the treatment
The following are the usual Xanax dosage that your doctor can prescribe you:
Dosage for managing and treating anxiety and panic attacks
In the form of oral tablets
- For adults
0.25 mg to 0.5 mg of the medicine orally thrice a day
- For children
Using Xanax for treating children is not safe.
How should you take it?
Take Xanax as your health expert directs you. Never use it more often than prescribed. Consult your doctor if you are getting addicted to the medicine.
It is always advisable never to share your medicine with anyone with a history of drug abuse and addiction. Misuse, abuse, and addiction to medication can be fatal.
Avoid medical errors and report your doctor if you are not observing any improvement in your health condition.
What precautions should you take care while using Xanax?
Xanax is highly addictive and habit-forming; therefore, you should take it only after consulting your doctor and tell your doctor if you don’t feel any improvement in your health condition. You can easily order Xanax online via a legitimate online pharmacy store and use it as prescribed; however, you should never forget that it is only a part of treatment. In addition to this; it is always advisable to take care of the following precautions while taking Xanax:
- Being a prescription medication, it is always advisable to take it only after consulting your doctor.
- Please don’t take Xanax if you are allergic to it or any of its components or similar medicines.
- Taking Xanax can adversely affect your health if you have the following health disorders or history thereof:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disorders (COPD)
- Sleep apnea (breathing that stops while sleeping)
- Mood or behavioral disorders
- Destructive and self detrimental behavior
- Kidney disorder
- Liver disease
- Please don’t take Xanax if you are an alcoholic or drug addict.
- Your doctor will not advise you to take Xanax if you are pregnant or breastfeeding; it can harm your child and cause them some congenital disabilities.
- Health authorities have not approved Xanax for anyone younger than 18 years of age.
- You can not take Xanax if you have consumed any MAO inhibitors in the last 14 days.
- Sudden withdrawal of Xanax can be life-threatening. Please consult your health expert before stopping the treatment; your doctor will gradually decrease your dose to avoid unpleasant Xanax withdrawal symptoms.
- Always keep medicines away from children under the prescribed atmospheric condition, and dispose of the leftover medicine once the treatment is over.
- Please consult your physician about all other necessary precautions that should be taken while using Xanax, and talk to them to know more about the Xanax benefits and risks.
Can Xanax cause some side effects?
Observe your health closely; you may experience the following mild side effects after taking Xanax:
- Trouble in sleeping
- Difficulty in remembering things
- Change in appetite
- Problem in intimacy
The above-mentioned side effects don’t need much medical attention as they are common with everyone, and you will recover from them after a while. Although, you should consult your doctor if they get worse.
Xanax can be more dangerous if you experience the following rare and severe side effects after using it. Please observe your health and seek medical assistance if you experience:
- Trouble in speaking
- Slow or shallow breathing
- Seizures or convulsions
- Difficulty while walking
- Loss of coordination
- Any other severe allergic reaction to the medicine
What to do if an overdose happens?
Taking Xanax in excess can adversely affect your health. You may experience the following in case of Xanax overdose:
- Confusion or disorientation
- Impaired coordination
- Diminishing reflexes
Please consult your doctor ASAP if an overdose happens. You can also seek emergency medical assistance by calling the Poison helpline at 1-800-222-1222.
Medicines that can interact with Xanax
The following medicines can interact with Xanax and adversely affect your health:
- Opioid pain medication
- Sleeping pills
- Cold and cough medication
- Antiseizure medications
It is always advisable to tell your health expert about all the drugs and therapies you are currently taking.
What should you avoid while taking Xanax?
Xanax can impair your thought process and cause dizziness or drowsiness. Please avoid driving, operating machinery, and performing activities that can cause you severe injuries or accidents.
Combining Xanax together with alcohol and grapefruit can be fatal; please avoid it.
Avoid taking herbal products, over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and other nutritional supplements simultaneously with Xanax.